Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thrusday should be perfect???

So today is Wednesday. Brian, Louis and I played Maples of Ballantrae on Sunday where I shot a round of 100 even after starting with a triple bogey on the 1st and taking a 10 on a later hole. I had a mediocre round at Maples which was a vast improvement over my previous round three weeks ago. I knew would be missing the next tournament in two weeks and i didn't want to wait 4 weeks till my next round after improving 13 strokes over my last one, (new driver helped) so i had a strong itch to get back out on the links again.

On another front, the project I am working on doesn't quite have enough budget to keep me through the end of next week so I figure I could take 1/2 day off this week and next to help the budget and get in a bit of golf.

This morning I checked out www.lastminutegolfer.com. I saw that I could play the same course I played on Sunday, for 1/2 the price and with a cart included. It's a 7:45 shotgun start, so I figure I could be back at the office for 1pm. Sounds perfect right?

It even gets better. Julianne's mom has agreed to stay over Thursday night so we were planing to go out for a quick dinner and see a movie. (maybe Ironman or Indiana Jones)

So now my plan is to leave the house around 6am, play golf, get to the office for 1pm and do a series of Release Management interviews, then come home, shower, leave for dinner and a movie with my sweetie. Sounds pretty good for a Thursday.

So I'm driving home with my prefect plans running though my head when I get a call from Julianne. She picked up Russell from daycare where she found that Russell has diarrhea, and he can't come back until his bowel movements firm up. So if Julie takes the day off, she has to arrange someone to take her patients AND loose a day's pay, versus, I skip my golf, forefit the fees, and I still have to get back to work for my workshops so I need to get someone to care for Russell after 1pm, until Julianne's mom arrives after work.

So my parents are now on call to watch Russell if needed, and my Thursday plans are all now hinging on Russell's next poop. Not only the texture of his excrement, but also the timing. I need him to drop a load by 6:15 at the latest to make it to the course on time.

Wish us luck. Oh, and feel free to wish Russell a happy 13th month birthday today.

No comments: