Thursday, May 29, 2008

There she blows !!!

Okay, it's day 2 of poo watch.

Russell was up at 5am this morning so I got him a bottle to eat while we changed his diaper. First verdict.. no poo.

tick tick tick... 5:50am: So poo watch continues. Breakfast and still no sign of the tell tale pushing the we've all become accustom to. (click here for a reminder) So i'm checking my watch. Registration for today's golf tournement is at 7:15 with tee off at 7:45. I figure I could leave at 6:30 to make the registration time, maybe as late as 6:45 to make the tee time.

tick tick tick... 6:15: no poo,

tick tick tick....6:30: no poo, (well some from daddy, but none from Russell as of yet)

tick tick tick... 6:45: no poo, oh well so much for golf. I call Louis to see if he's on his way and of course he's just leaving his house. We'll find out if he made it to the course tomorrow.

tick tick tick... 7:30: Julianne is now taking my car to work (with my golf clubs in the trunk) so I have her car with the car seat if we still end up going to daycare.

tick tick tick... 8:00: I'm playing with Russell's train that uncle Mike and auntie Sheryl gave him to lure him away from the back door. Russell approaches, following him is the waft of a stinky diaper. I'm thinking, well, time for a change, I should give him a few more minutes to make sure he's done. Just then, i notice a small brown chip on the rug... it must be Poo! Then a second later a baby sized 'log' is sitting right beside me on the hardwood! Whoa, no time to spare, the diaper must be overflowing and the poo is falling down his pant legs!!!

So I leave the poo on the floor, grab the little dude under the arms with one arm, and around the cuffs of his jeans with my other hand in an attempt to contain the poo. We get up to the change table and thankfully, there is towel on it so I'm not too concerned with the poo getting all over it. I get the diaper off and the poo is everywhere, up and down his legs as suspected, much too big a job for wipes, this is going to require a bath. I carefully haul Russell to the tub leaving the poo pants, poo onesie, and poo diaper on the now soiled change table. As I'm washing him off, naturally, Julianne phones at this very moment to see what's going on. (this is where an extra mutant arm would come in handy) I inform her that the bowels are now moving once again and she proceeds to remind me to see that he has adequate extra clothes for daycare, all the while, I'm balancing poo boy with my other hand.

The bath is over, Russell is clean again, so i take him back to his room, but I can't change him yet because the poo clothes are all over his change table. I put naked Russell in his crib a few moments while i dispose of the diaper and dirty clothes. No more than 10 secondly later, I've cleared the change table, turn to get Russell to notice he's standing over a wet spot in his crib. Great, so I slap a diaper on the little squirt and now i have to change his bedding. Jeez, that little guy really knows how to work Dad over.

Anyways, Russ is now napping. I have some stuff to put in the wash now as soon at the last load finishes. I'd like to say "I'd rather be golfing" but if I was, I would have missed Russell smiling and laughing at me once he was full dressed again.

At least now, I'll never forget it.

2 comments:

Mike said...

"poo" uttered 17 times in one posting...must be a record.

Anonymous said...

Louis wrote:

Well, as you know, I did make it in time for the 7:45am tee-off, bur as was on Saturday, there was a frost delay. So I rushed for nothing! lol

Hmmm, I think I'll wait to offer my baby sitting services until the little pooper is potty trained!

BTW, nice pic Mike!