Sunday, February 10, 2008

Russell-less update :-(

So I can't say much about what Russ has been up to this week. He left for Trinidad on Wednesday to see his Grandpa Ken and his Great Grandma Leontine.


..so i guess this will be a Daddy update...

so last night, still somewhat stunned by the Leafs win over the Red Wings, I found myself at Dan's place playing Guitar Hero. After rocking it with the Yam-man for a few hours, i had it in my mind to bring home my electric guitar at my earliest convenience. So tonight, I'm strumming it with the TV on, and I see if there's anything interesting going on with the Grammy's... at the commercial break, they say Alicia Keys is will be performing live so...being a lonely guy with the Ms. away, I figure I could use a little Alicia 'pick-me-up'.

So I basically turned the volume down and fiddled with my guitar for the next hour or so as I waited for her act.

She looked great as usual (sorry hun) and was singing "No One". Yes its totally been overplayed but she mixes it up a bit live and had John Mayer step in for some added soloing, (Unlike Kanye and the dumb, but slightly catchy, 'Stronger' - They actually muted out the "shit" and "dyke", just like on FM radio, the probably just played the CD they bought at WalMart in the background... what a meathead... I really wished he wouldn't win so he could cry about how much he should have won and would boycott the awards... blah blah blah... ) ... k so back to Keys.. so the song is going and I'm trying to follow the base line to learn the chords. The song is the 4 chords for the entire song except for the bridge. D - A - Bflat - G... so I'm playing along and I realize why that song sounds so good. They're the same chords as "Weekend in Scarborough"! Damn you Alicia for stealing my stuff!!!

No comments: