Friday, March 09, 2007

Moving... week 1

Friday... Rogers came and said there was no line to the house.... "maybe around the 15th?" he said.

I also get a call from UpCountry saying our bed has arrived. However, I dont dare call them back until i see the mattress has made it to the bedroom.

Saturday... Sleep Country delivers our new king size mattress. We barely got the Queen size up the stairs so I'm genuinely concerned about the king. On the phone they assure me.. no problem, no problem. The get the mattress into the house and suddenly, "Houston, we have a problem." Have to reschedule a "rope job" to get the mattress in on the top floor balcony.

Monday...
All the stuff we laid deposit on came in so we had to pay the balance...Central Vac installed, security installed, speakers installed.... chaching, chaching, chaching.

Tuesday...
A/C unit installed and mattress guys got it upstairs.


Wednesday/Thursday/Friday... (all a blur)
window screens, garage heater (for the hydraulics), Bell, Rogers (with a temporary cable) cabinet touchups, re set a new tub faucet....

unending....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God!!! That sounds horrible! I remember when I moved from the condo a couple years ago and the stress of the mover showing up 6 hours late! I can't even imagine what you guys went through.

Hope you had a beer and Julianne had a glass of milk to calm the nerves!